Priority Tree Services provide amongst other tree care services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the Woollahra Council area.
Woollahra Council covers the following suburbs:
Woollahra Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- The tree is “Dead”
- The tree is “Dangerous”, posing an imminent danger to property or life. (Level 5 Arborist report must be provided prior to removal)
- Pruning of dead branches from a tree
- Selective pruning of branches no larger than 50mm diameter at the nearest branch collar or junction to clear a roof, an external face of a building and powerline clearance.
- The seasonal pruning of a fruit tree or tree grown for the purpose of citrus and stone fruit
- The tree is of a species that has been declared a noxious plant under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 as prescribed for Woollahra Local Government area.
- The tree is required to be removed by an emergency service or council because it poses or will pose a significant threat to access in an emergency.
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Any tree with a diameter spread of branches greater than 3m or with a height greater than 5m, irrespective of the spread of branches.
- Any bushland vegetation irrespective of size.
- Any tree or plant, irrespective of size, listed in a register of significant or heritage trees adopted by Council at any time.
- Any pruning of roots greater than 50mm diameter. required where:
(a) The tree is “Dead”; (Ensure the tree is not leafless because it is a deciduous tree)
(b) The tree is “Dangerous”, posing an imminent danger to property or life.
Please call us on (02) 9482 5353 or click book a quote here
Tree Preservation Order Exempt Species For Woollahra
- African olive Olea europea var. africana
- Cocos Palm Syagrus romanzoffianum
- Honey Locust Gleditsia triacanthos
- Large Leaf Privet Ligustrum lucidum and cvs.
- Leyland Cypress Cupressocyparis leylandii
- Norfolk Is. Hibiscus Lagunaria patersonii
- Rubber Tree Ficus elastica
- Small Leaf Privet Ligustrum sinense
- Tree of Heaven Ailanthus altissima
- Umbrella Tree Schefflera actinophylla
- Willow Salix spp
The following species if less than 10 meters
- Poplar Populus spp
- Coral Trees Erythrina spp.
- Hackberry Celtis spp.
- Camphor Laurel Cinnamomum camphora
Where the exemption provision contained in this clause are applicable for trees greater than 10m in height, written notification to council of intention to carry out tree works is required seven days prior to the work being undertaken.