Priority Tree Services provide amongst other tree care services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the Warringah Council area.
Warringah Council covers the following suburbs:
Warringah Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- Any tree which is dead.
- The tree is declared by a qualified arborist to be an imminent danger to property or life.
- Any tree with a height less than five metres and with a foliage crown spread of less than ten metres.
- Pruning of tree branches and foliage which cause the reduction of no more than 10% of the air space occupied by the branches and foliage.
- Any tree identified for removal in a development consent, but only if removal occurs after the construction certificate has been issued in relation to that land use.
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Trees within a State Forest
- Trees in a National park
- Plants declared to be noxious weeds (see TPO for full details)
- Any trees which are part of councils hazard reduction program or required to be removed by the Rural Fire Brigade or to be removed under the Rural Fires Act 1997.
- Any tree requiring immediate removal essential for emergency access.
- Trees authroised to be removed, trimmed or pruned in accordance with the Environmental planning and Assessment Act 1979.
Pruning of trees within Warringah Council is allowed where deadwood is being removed from the tree or any species of parasite mistletoe or parasitic plant from any part of a tree is removed.
Please call us on (02) 9482 5353 or click book a quote here
Tree Preservation Order Exempt Species For Warringah
- Acacia baileyana Cootamundra Wattle
- Acacia saligna W A Glory Wattle
- Albizia lophantha Crested Wattle
- Ailanthus altissima Tree of Heaven
- Araucaria bidwillii Bunya Bunya Pine
- Brachychiton acerifolius Illawarra Flame
- Cassia spp Cassia
- Chamaecyparis spp Cypress Pine
- Cinnamomum camphora Camphor Laurel
- Cotoneaster glaucophyllus Cotoneaster
- Cupressus spp Cypress Pine
- Erythrina spp Coral Tree
- Ficus benjamina Weeping Fig
- Ficus elastica Rubber Tree
- Gleditsia triacanthos Honey Locust
- Grevillea robusta Silky Oak
- Harpephyllum caffrum Kaffir Plum
- Lagunaria atersonii Norfolk Island Hibiscus
- Liquidambar styraciflua Liquidambar
- Morus spp Mulberry
- Olea africana Wild Olive
- Persea gratissima Avocado
- Populus spp Poplars
- Pyracantha angustifolia Orange Fire Thorn
- Raphiolepis indica Indian Hawthorn
- Robina pseudoacacia Black Locust
- Salix babylonica Weeping Willow
- Schefflera actinophylla Umbrella Tree
- Syagrus romanzoffiana Cocos Palm