Priority Tree Services have provided a brief overview of Hornsby Council’s Tree Preservation Order. Please click the link provided below to view the full document.
Hornsby Council covers the following suburbs:
Below is a brief overview of the Tree Preservation Order within Hornsby Council. Exemptions do not apply to lands mapped as Biodiversity, properties located inside conservation areas or that form part of a heritage item. Please note this document should be used as a guide only.
Hornsby Shire Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- The removal of or pruning to a tree where Council is satisfied the tree is dying or dead and is not required for the habitat of native fauna.
- The removal of or pruning of a tree where the base of the trunk of the tree at ground level is located within 3 metres of the foundation of an approved building or structure eg pool, or other approved DA structure.
- The removal of a tree less than 3 metres in height not located within bushland.
- Trees deemed by Council in writing and shown by recorded photographic evidence or written evidence provided by a qualified Arborist (AQF5) as a risk to human life or is causing or likely to cause substantial damage to property.
To view complete Tree Preservation Order for this council please below.
[ Tree Preservation Order ]
Please call us on (02) 9482 5353 or click book a quote here
Tree Preservation Order Exempt Species For Hornsby Shire
- Acacia elata, Mountain Cedar Wattle
- Acmena smithii, Lilly Pilly
- Allocasuarina littoralis, Black She-oak
- Allocasuarina torulosa, Forest Oak
- Angophora costata, Sydney Red Gum
- Angophora floribunda, Rough-barked Apple
- Banksia integrifolia, Coast Banksia
- Banksia serrata, Old Man Banksia
- Callistemon linearifolius, Netted Bottle Brush
- Callistemon salignus, Willow Bottlebrush
- Casuarina glauca She-oak, Swamp Oak
- Ceratopetalum gummiferum, NSW Xmas Bush
- Corymbia gummifera, Red Bloodwood
- Elaocarpus reticulatus, Blueberry Ash
- Eucalyptus botryoides, Bangalay
- Eucalyptus creba, Narrow-leaved Ironbark
- Eucalyptus elata, River Peppermint
- Eucalyptus haemastoma, Broad-leaved Scribbly Gum
- Eucalyptus paniculata, Grey Ironbark
- Eucalyptus pilularis, Blackbutt
- Eucalyptus piperita, Sydney Peppermint
- Eucalyptus puncata, Grey Gum
- Eucalyptus resinifera, Red Mahogany
- Eucalyptus saligna, Sydney Blue Gum
- Ficus rubiginosa, Port Jackson Fig
- Glochidion ferdinandi, Cheese Tree
- Melaleuca quinquenervia, Broad-leaved Paperbark
- Pittosporum undulatum, Sweet Pittosporum
- Syncarpia glomulifera, Turpentine
- Syzgium paniculatum, Magenta Lilly Pilly
- Toona australis, Red Cedar
- Tristaniopsis laurina, Water Gum