Priority Tree Services provide amongst other tree care services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the Ryde City Council area.
Ryde City Council covers the following suburbs:
Ryde City Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
(However, Council must be notified, in writing, a minimum of 7 working days prior to the proposed commencement of works. A “Notice of Intent” form is available, from Council’s Customer service locations including the Internet site, for this advice to Council. Works should not commence until receipt of the written permit from Council).
- Trees that are within 3m of an approved detached building and any associated building, as measured from the outside of the tree, at 1.4m from the ground.
- The removal of dead or dying tree/s, as long as the trees are not a threatened species habitat.
- Tree(s) posing an immediate danger, e.g. after a storm.
- Tree(s) that have been declared noxious weeds in the local government area of the City of Ryde under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 or an undesirable species
- Tree(s) that require pruning in accordance with the Electricity Supply Act 1995 and
- the Electricity Supply (General) Regulation 2001.
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Any tree, whether on private or public land (land owned or under the care, control and management of the City of Ryde), with a height greater than 5 metres and a trunk circumference of 450mm at 1.4 metres above ground level.
- Native vegetation within defined ’Urban Bushland’ (refer to map).
- Trees which are prominent or have landmark qualities due to their height, size, position and age.
- Trees which are part of an important wildlife habitat, refuge or corridor.
- Native bushland subject to controls under State Environmental Planning Policy 19. Trees on the City of Ryde Significant Tree Register
Please call us on (02) 9482 5353 or click book a quote here
Tree Preservation Order Exempt Species For Ryde City
- Broad leaved Privet Ligustrum lucidium
- Camphor Laurel Cinnamomum camphora
- Cocos Palms Syagrus romanzoffianum
- Coral Tree Erythrina crista-galli
- Evergreen Alder Alnus jorulensis
- Fruit trees (see TPO for details)
- Indian Coral Erythrina x sykesii
- Cockscomb Coral Tree Erythrina crista-galli
- Oleander Nerium oleander
- Tree of Heaven Ailanthus altissima
- Weeping Fig Ficus benjamina
- Narrow leaf Privet Ligustrum sinense
- Populus spp. Poplars
- Rhus Tree Toxicodendron spp
- Rubber Trees Ficus elastic
- Athel Tree Tamarix aphylla
- Wild Olive/African Olive Olea Africana
- Willows Salix species
- Norfolk Island HibiscusLagunaria patersonii
- Bamboo Bambusa spp
- Umbrella Tree Schefflera actinophylla