Priority Tree Services provide amongst other tree care services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the City of Sydney Council area.
City of Sydney Council covers the following suburbs:
City of Sydney Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- Removal of a dead/dying or dangerous tree
- Work carried out on a tree by the Council, State Emergency Services or a person acting on either of their behalf in response to an emergency.
- Removal or pruning in accordance with AS4373 Pruning of Amenity Trees to allow electricity supply.
- Removal of pruning in accordance with AS4373 Pruning of Amenity Trees to provide 0.5 metre clearance of insulated electricity supply cables.
- Tree pruning or removal approved by a current Development Consent issued by the City.
- Control, removal and eradication of any species declared a noxious plant within the City under the Noxious Weeds Act, 1993.
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Trees on private property can be pruned without City permission where it will achieve clearances for the areas listed in the table below and where the branch size is less than the diameter size shown. Other factors to consider include:
- Pruning will not remove more than 5% of the tree's total canopy.
- The structural stability of the tree will not be affected.
- Damage or decline of the tree will not be caused.
Please call us on (02) 9482 5353 or click book a quote here
Tree Preservation Order Exempt Species For Sydney
- African olive Olea Africana
- Banana Musa spp
- Camphor Laurel Cinnamomum camphora *
- Celtis/Hackbery Celtis spp. *
- Citrus Species (All varieties)
- Cocos Palm Syagrus romanzoffianum
- Cotoneaster Cotoneaster glaucophyllus
- Cootamundra Wattle Acacia baileyana
- Coral Tree Erythrina x sykesii *
- Evergreen Alder Alnus jorullensis
- False Acacia (not cvs) Robinia pseudacacia
- Liquidambar Liquidambar styraciflua *
- Loquat Eriobotrya japonica
- Mulberry Morus spp
- Norfolk Island Hibiscus Lagunaria atersonii
- Oleander Nerium oleander
- Privet Ligustrum spp
- Rhus Tree Toxicodendron succedaneum
- Rubber Tree Ficus elastica
- Tree of Heaven Ailanthus altissima
- Wild Honey Locust Gleditsia triacanthos
- Castor Oil Plant Ricinus communis
- Willows Salix spp.
*Only if height is less than 10.0 metres and diameter at 1 metre less than 300mm